I'm looking to brush up a bit on my RMAN knowledge, especially in the 11g
arena as we begin to plan upgrades of various systems. I already have Oracle
Database 10g RMAN Backup &
Recovery<http://www.amazon.com/Oracle-Database-RMAN-Backup-Recovery/dp/0072263172/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233691468&sr=1-1>(Matthew
Hart and Robert Freeman), which has proven to be an invaluable
resource, and am no stranger to the Oracle documentation.

Any opinions on RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database
11g<http://www.amazon.com/RMAN-Recipes-Oracle-Database-Problem-Solution/dp/1590598512/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233691468&sr=1-2>(Darl
Kuhn, Sam R. Alapati, and Arup Nanda)? Do you think this would make a
solid addition, or is it more of an entry-level reference?

On a semi-related note, I'm also looking for a good book on streams and
Change Data Capture, for a project which is expected to ramp up in the near
future... initially under 10gR2, but moving to 11g later this year. Any
suggestions?

Thanx!

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.

  • Robert Freeman at Feb 3, 2009 at 10:08 pm
    We are just starting on the 11g version of the RMAN book.... Not sure when it will be out... It will include material not in the other book you mention... :-) Might be worth the wait!! :-)

    RF
    Robert G. Freeman
    OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex)
    Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
    Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
    Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
    Other various titles out of print now...
    The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in
    good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking
    the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)