There are two objects in my sys schema that should not be there and I am not sure how to cleanly drop them from the command line without causing other problems. Does anyone know the correct syntax to drop these two objects from sys:

OBJECT_NAME--------------------------------------------------------------------------------OBJECT_TYPE-------------------EXF$ATTRIBUTETYPE

EXF$ATTRIBUTETYPE BODY

  • Stefan Knecht at Dec 2, 2008 at 4:15 pm
    First of all, if this is a production instance, you should check with Oracle
    Support if you're unsure what you're doing. You may break things seriously
    if you're making mistakes in the SYS schema.

    Those objects should belong to EXFSYS -- have expression filter install
    scripts been executed in the wrong schema ? Or how did you end up having
    them owned by sys ?

    Before you drop anything, you might want to ensure your database is
    "healthy":

    select comp_name,status from dba_registry;

    Status should return VALID for all components.

    Does it list expression filter in its output ? Is it valid ?

    select owner,object_type, object_name from dba_objects where status !=
    'VALID';

    This should return almost no objects (except for the ones you listed, I'm
    assuming they're invalid), especially none owned by SYS.

    If everything for you is valid, you should be pretty safe to drop the
    objects. Again, this is not something that you normally do, and please don't
    do it on a production instance without checking with Oracle Support first if
    you're unsure.

    You can drop them by using

    drop type body exf$attribute;
    drop type exf$attribute;

    Note: you should be connected as SYS (sqlplus / as sysdba).

    Stefan

    Stefan P Knecht
    Senior Consultant
    Systems Engineering

    OPITZ CONSULTING Schweiz GmbH
    Seestrasse 97
    CH-8800 Thalwil

    Mobile +41-79-571 36 27
    stefan.knecht_at_opitz-consulting.ch
    http://www.opitz-consulting.ch

    OCP 9i/10g SCSA SCNA
    There are two objects in my sys schema that should not be there and I am
    not sure how to cleanly drop them from the command line without causing
    other problems. Does anyone know the correct syntax to drop these two
    objects from sys:

    OBJECT_NAME
    OBJECT_TYPE
    -------------------