Oracle Support wants me to rename the oprocd.lgl file right before the
crs starts up, but they won't tell me how to do this. I am running on
RHEL3.

I would expect something like this would work:

cp /etc/oracle/oprocd/oprocd.lgl /etc/oracle/oprocd/oprocd.lgl_`date
+"%Y%m%d"`

But I am not sure where to put this. If I put it in init.crs, won't it
run when the crs is shutdown also? Can someone recommend a better place
for it?

Thanks

Randy

Search Discussions

  • Jared Still at Nov 15, 2008 at 11:01 pm
    I can't answer the crs part for you, but I can tell that to rename a file
    you
    would use 'mv', not 'cp'.

    Jared Still
    Oracle Support wants me to rename the oprocd.lgl file right before the
    crs starts up, but they won't tell me how to do this. I am running on
    RHEL3.
    I would expect something like this would work:

    cp /etc/oracle/oprocd/oprocd.lgl /etc/oracle/oprocd/oprocd.lgl_`date
    +"%Y%m%d"`

    But I am not sure where to put this. If I put it in init.crs, won't it run
    when the crs is shutdown also? Can someone recommend a better place for it?

    Thanks

    Randy

  • Fairlie rego at Nov 15, 2008 at 11:33 pm
    I presume you are looking into this because the oprocd logfile
    is getting deleted when oprocd is rebooting the box

    What version of CRS are you on and what bundle patch/MLR level

    What are the values for the margin and timeout for oprocd. You can find the same by doing a ps -ef | grep oproc

    Thanks
    Fairlie

    Jared Still wrote:
    I can't answer the crs part for you, but I can tell that to rename a file you
    would use 'mv', not 'cp'.

    Jared Still

    Oracle Support wants me to rename the oprocd.lgl file right before the crs starts up, but they won't tell me how to do this. I am running on RHEL3.
    I would expect something like this would work:

    cp /etc/oracle/oprocd/oprocd.lgl /etc/oracle/oprocd/oprocd.lgl_`date +"%Y%m%d"`

    But I am not sure where to put this. If I put it in init.crs, won't it run when the crs is shutdown also? Can someone recommend a better place for it?

    Thanks
    Randy

    Fairlie Rego
    Senior Oracle Consultant
    http://el-caro.blogspot.com/
    M: +61 402 792 405

    Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.
  • Steiner, Randy at Nov 16, 2008 at 12:29 am
    yes, Oracle wants to preserve the log file. I am on 10.2.0.4. Two weeks ago I set diagwait to 13 and still had a server reboot because of oprocd, so Oracle support suggested I set it to 23, which I did on Friday.

    Jared Still wrote:
    I can't answer the crs part for you, but I can tell that to rename a file you
    would use 'mv', not 'cp'.

    Jared Still

    Oracle Support wants me to rename the oprocd.lgl file right before the crs starts up, but they won't tell me how to do this. I am running on RHEL3.
    I would expect something like this would work:

    cp /etc/oracle/oprocd/oprocd.lgl /etc/oracle/oprocd/oprocd.lgl_`date +"%Y%m%d"`

    But I am not sure where to put this. If I put it in init.crs, won't it run when the crs is shutdown also? Can someone recommend a better place for it?

    Thanks
    Randy

    Fairlie Rego
    Senior Oracle Consultant
    http://el-caro.blogspot.com/
    M: +61 402 792 405

    Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedNov 14, '08 at 2:32p
activeNov 16, '08 at 12:29a