The problem was the old 9i tnsnames.ora file that the previous installer
copied from somewhere else.
Once I removed it, Net Manager created another one and behaved as expected.

Thank you all for your help!

Carmen Rusu
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Carmen Rusu wrote:

I've been given administrator privileges on the Window server and still
when I open the Net Manager and expand the 'Service Naming" it doesnt do
anything.

I do have a tnsnames.ora file in the right path.

What can I do to make net manager work?

Thank you,
Carmen