Hi Gurus,

I get the below error when i did database refresh from my production Hot
backup.

Dev team asked me to exclude some of the tablespace while doing refresh, So
i have created control files with the list of datafiles and recovered until
time.

.When i planned to drop the tablespace of those datafile which were waiting
for recovery, i get the below error

SQL> drop tablespace C_LCFJ_BDACCT_MV including contents and datafiles;

drop tablespace C_LCFJ_BDACCT_MV including contents and datafiles

*

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-23515: materialized views and/or their indices exist in the tablespace

kindly help me to over come this issue. i have tried to find the MViews in
C_LCFJ_BDACCT_MV tbs and dropped them, still get the same error.

Regards,
Nagaraj

Search Discussions

  • Ray Stell at Nov 1, 2008 at 1:42 pm

    kindly help me to over come this issue. i have tried to find the MViews in
    C_LCFJ_BDACCT_MV tbs and dropped them, still get the same error.
    you have to locate these mviews and drop them before you can drop the ts:

    SQL> select MVIEW_NAME, QUERY from DBA_MVIEWS where ...;

    SQL> DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW ...;

    Materialized view dropped.
  • Howard Latham at Nov 1, 2008 at 2:50 pm
    you need to drop any indexs related mvs too.

    2008/11/1 Ray Stell
    kindly help me to over come this issue. i have tried to find the MViews in
    C_LCFJ_BDACCT_MV tbs and dropped them, still get the same error.

    you have to locate these mviews and drop them before you can drop the ts:

    SQL> select MVIEW_NAME, QUERY from DBA_MVIEWS where ...;

    SQL> DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW ...;
    Materialized view dropped.

    Howard A. Latham

  • Nagaraj S at Nov 1, 2008 at 5:13 pm
    Thanks you so much Howard Latham and Ray Stell ... i have tried by the way
    you have suggested. It worked for me....

    Regards,
    Nagaraj
    you need to drop any indexs related mvs too.

    2008/11/1 Ray Stell
    kindly help me to over come this issue. i have tried to find the MViews in
    C_LCFJ_BDACCT_MV tbs and dropped them, still get the same error.

    you have to locate these mviews and drop them before you can drop the ts:

    SQL> select MVIEW_NAME, QUERY from DBA_MVIEWS where ...;

    SQL> DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW ...;

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedNov 1, '08 at 11:12a