We moved our Oracle Apps software to a new 64-bit Solaris 10 server; there is a custom library (.so file) that is still in 32-bit mode. I need to compile it so that it is 64-bit. How do I go about doing that? RDBMS version 9.2.0.7; Apps version 11.5.10.2 Thanks in advance!Vicki Pierce

http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008

Search Discussions

  • Pedro Espinoza at Oct 29, 2008 at 3:06 am
    Well, you need to get the all header files *.h, and relevant *.c files, and
    compile against 64 bit libc, libm, etc. Sometimes, you may have to modify
    your c program as well.

    Just leave the 32 bit so file like it as, since 64 bit solaris 10 contains
    both 32 bit n 64 bit libc, etc.
    We moved our Oracle Apps software to a new 64-bit Solaris 10 server; there
    is a custom library (.so file) that is still in 32-bit mode. I need to
    compile it so that it is 64-bit. How do I go about doing that?

    RDBMS version 9.2.0.7; Apps version 11.5.10.2

    Thanks in advance!
    Vicki Pierce

    Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn
    Now<http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns%2120EE04FBC541789%21167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008>
  • Vicki Pierce at Oct 29, 2008 at 2:42 pm
    When I try to start the Apps services after the clone, I get an error regarding this library:

    ld.so.1: ps: fatal: /erp/11.5.10/appltop/cust_stuff/fnd/bin/libopenlibname.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32If I don't need to recompile the library, then do you know what is causing the error? And how do I fix it?

    Thanks!
    Vicki Pierce

    Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:06:12 -0700From: raindoctor_at_gmail.comTo: vickipierce51_at_hotmail.comSubject: Re: How to Compile a Custom LibraryCC: oracle-l_at_freelists.orgWell, you need to get the all header files *.h, and relevant *.c files, and compile against 64 bit libc, libm, etc. Sometimes, you may have to modify your c program as well. Just leave the 32 bit so file like it as, since 64 bit solaris 10 contains both 32 bit n 64 bit libc, etc.