not talking about an export. I need a comma delimitted file. large amounts
of data. is there anything better than spool? sql developer does not work on
large data sets.

Search Discussions

  • David Ballester at Oct 27, 2008 at 5:18 pm
    2008/10/27 Dba DBA
    not talking about an export. I need a comma delimitted file. large amounts
    of data. is there anything better than spool? sql developer does not work on
    large data sets.
    spool the select output or use the text_io package

    Regards

    D.
  • Newman, Christopher at Oct 27, 2008 at 5:20 pm
    Datapump with SQLFILE=, (Use the CONTENT as well if you just want the
    data only) then use sed/awk to manipulate the output to your liking (vi
    won't work if the file is too large).

    From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
    On Behalf Of David Ballester
    Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 12:19 PM
    To: oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com
    Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
    Subject: Re: dump large amounts of data to a flat file

    2008/10/27 Dba DBA
    not talking about an export. I need a comma delimitted file. large
    amounts of data. is there anything better than spool? sql developer does
    not work on large data sets.

    spool the select output or use the text_io package

    Regards

    D.
  • Niall Litchfield at Oct 27, 2008 at 5:22 pm
    http://asktom.oracle.com/tkyte/flat/index.html

    that'll keep you going for a while.

    On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 5:18 PM, David Ballester

    --
    Niall Litchfield
    Oracle DBA

  • Bort, Guillermo at Oct 27, 2008 at 5:48 pm
    You can always user utl_file package ^_^

    Guillermo Alan Bort

    DBA / DBA Main Team

    EDS, an HP company

    On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 5:18 PM, David Ballester
    not talking about an export. I need a comma delimitted file.
    large amounts of data. is there anything better than spool? sql
    developer does not work on large data sets.

    spool the select output or use the text_io package

    Regards

    D.
  • Jared Still at Oct 27, 2008 at 6:12 pm
    So, what's wrong with spool?

    http://jaredstill.com/downloads/dump.sql

    Jared Still
    not talking about an export. I need a comma delimitted file. large amounts
    of data. is there anything better than spool? sql developer does not work on
    large data sets.
  • David Ballester at Oct 27, 2008 at 6:36 pm
    2008/10/27 Jared Still
    So, what's wrong with spool?

    http://jaredstill.com/downloads/dump.sql

    Jared Still
    And if you pipe the output file with a compression soft ( compress, gzip...
    ) rock'n'roll :)

    D.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle