Is it possible to clone a 10gR2 Oracle_Home (binaries) from a MS Win
2003 Server SP1 to a Win 2K SP4 server both 32bit?

I cannot find anything that says it's a bad idea, and time is short.

Following Note:559304.1 on Metalink.

Regards.

--
S. Anthony Sequeira
++

  • Bort, Guillermo at Oct 24, 2008 at 4:58 pm
    It *should* work, however, if time is really of the essence, then
    perhaps performing a silent install is a wiser course of actione, since
    cloning throuhg different versions of win is not documented. You can try
    it though.

    HTH

    Guillermo Alan Bort
    DBA / DBA Main Team

    EDS, an HP company

    Is it possible to clone a 10gR2 Oracle_Home (binaries) from a MS Win
    2003 Server SP1 to a Win 2K SP4 server both 32bit?

    I cannot find anything that says it's a bad idea, and time is short.

    Following Note:559304.1 on Metalink.

    Regards.

    --
    S. Anthony Sequeira
    ++
    Q: What is the sound of one cat napping?
    A: Mu.
    ++

  • S. Anthony Sequeira at Oct 24, 2008 at 5:10 pm