Hi All,

This is a question on parallel threads on Datapump imports.

Will the 10g R2 database allow us to set a default parallel thread number in
the system level so that any datapump export or import job will use that
parallel thread value for the worker processes ?

This is for 10g Streams setup and I am setting up Streams using Grid
Control.

I am not seeing any option to customize the parallel value for the "Copy
data" functionality while I setup 10g Streams.

So I am thinking if I can set up a system wide parallel value for Datapump
(even if it is temporary during the Streams setup) so that when the copy
data function starts during the Streams setup, it will start with higher
parallel thread value and finish the copying at faster pace...

Anurag Verma,
Database Administrator
ERCOT(Electric Reliability Council of Texas),
Texas 76574

  • Goulet, Richard at Oct 21, 2008 at 2:01 pm
    Not that I've found.

    Dick Goulet
    Senior Oracle DBA
    PAREXEL International
    978.313.3426
    information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the
    person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
    and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
    other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
    by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
    If you received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the

[...]

  • Hazem Ameen at Oct 21, 2008 at 4:42 pm
    I'm not aware of a feature in Grid that enables you to copy data in parallel
    for Streams.

    However, you still can accomplish this by configuring Streams manually. We
    have done this for our Streams site where import was done in parallel.

    If interested in how, let me know

    Hazem

[...]

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle