Appreciate any ideas/suggestions

Thanks in advance

Search Discussions

  • Ken Naim at Aug 13, 2008 at 10:04 pm
    Remember tkprof is a single thread application, and your trace file is
    relatively large so it should take a while to process. I'd wait or you could
    try tracing tkprof with an os utility.

    Ken

    From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
    On Behalf Of Bala
    Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:49 PM
    To: oracle-l
    Subject: TKPROF is taking a long time

    Trace file size 74 GB.

    Oracle 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.10

    Running TKPROF is taking a long time -- seems like it is hanging -- any
    suggestions ?

    Appreciate any ideas/suggestions

    Thanks in advance
  • Tim Gorman at Aug 13, 2008 at 10:07 pm
    Since you're on Solaris, you can use the "truss" command against the
    TKPROF process to see if it is really "hanging" or whether it is just
    working like heck...

    On a 74 Gb trace file, I suspect that the latter is the case. I
    imagine you're just going to have reduce the size of that file somehow
    (i.e. UNIX "split" command comes to mind) or just wait until TKPROF
    chunks through it all...

    Quoting Bala :

    --
    Bala Rao
  • Bala at Aug 14, 2008 at 1:22 pm

    compressing trace file brought the size down to 5 GB from 74GB.

    tkprof finished in 30 mts..

    thank you all
[...]

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedAug 13, '08 at 9:48p
activeAug 14, '08 at 1:22p
websiteoracle.com

3 users in discussion

Bala: 2 posts Tim Gorman: 1 post Ken Naim: 1 post