All,

I am running a multi-node RAC Oracle 10.2.0.3 on Windows64. I am using Incremental Merge Backups to the FRA and my database is on ASM. I use RMAN and Windows .cmd files to run my backups to disk (FRA) first and then to tape via Symantec(Veritas) Netbackup.

My backups work great and RMAN's log shows all the activity correctly. My problem is trying to get information about the files that have been backed up via Netbackup.

I want to be able to see a SPECIFIC databases backups for a given date range or date.
I have opened a ticket with Symantec and to-date have had no luck. I was also told by Symantec that due to the architecture of my solution that I cannot "view" and of the database backups via thier GUI be it the NBU Console or BAR.

I was told to use the BPLIST command from the command line as follows:
bplist -C hostname -t 4 -l -R / - Displays all files from the last 6 months
bplist -C hostname -t 4 -l -s 03/10/2008 -e 03/12/2008 -R / -Displays a specific date range

These work fine, but it gives me output for ALL the backups on that day for EVERY database. I want to use a keyword or policy based search. Both are in the command line guide from the vendor, but neither work. The command that SHOULD work looks like this:

bplist -C hostname -t 4 -l -s 03/10/2008 -e 03/12/2008 -keyword MY_ORACLE_BACKUP -R /
OR...
bplist -C hostname -t 4 -l -s 03/10/2008 -e 03/12/2008 -k MY_ORACLE_BACKUP -R /

Any ideas how to see the files that have been backed up using the bplist or other commands?
What commands do most people use for this? Am I stuck with RMAN and the list and report commands?

Thanks in advance.
Frank

Search Discussions

  • Yechiel Adar at Jun 24, 2008 at 7:08 am
    There is a FIND command in windows that will let you search a file for
    lines containing strings.
    find /? will show you how to work with it.

    It also works as pipe.
    net start | find "OracleS" will give you a list of all the services
    that have the string OracleS in their name.

    Adar Yechiel
    Rechovot, Israel

    Frank Pettinato wrote:
    All,

    Any ideas how to see the files that have been backed up using the
    bplist or other commands?
    What commands do most people use for this? Am I stuck with RMAN and
    the list and report commands?

    Thanks in advance.
    Frank
  • Allen, Brandon at Jun 24, 2008 at 4:18 pm
    I use bplist and bpclimagelist regularly on several different systems
    and they work fine once you get the command just right. They are
    case-sensitive so you might want to double-check that your case is
    correct. Here are a couple examples that I typically use:

    bplist -C myclient -S myhost -t 4 -k CUS-Oracle-baanprd-hot -l -s
    6/24/2008 -e 6/24/2008 -R /
    bpclimagelist -t ANY -policy CUS-Oracle-baanprd-hot -ct 4 -s 6/24/2008
    -e 6/24/2008

    Regards,
    Brandon

    From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
    On Behalf Of Frank Pettinato

    Any ideas how to see the files that have been backed up using the bplist
    or other commands?
    What commands do most people use for this?

  • Frank Pettinato at Jun 24, 2008 at 6:08 pm
    Brandon,
    Thanks for your reply. That is what is so confusing here is my exact command:
    bplist -C atlphsdb3 -S atlphsapp3 -t 4 -k
    ORACLE_PSEP_BACKUP -l -s 6/24/2008 -e 6/24/2008 -R /
    and the result...
    EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found
    I have double checked my Policy name and still ...no joy.

    ugh..
    Frank

    From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
    On Behalf Of Frank
    Pettinato

    Any ideas how to see
    the files that have been backed up using the bplist or other commands?
    What
    commands do most people use for this?

  • Allen, Brandon at Jun 24, 2008 at 6:13 pm
    So if you run the exact same command, but without the "-k
    ORACLE_PSEP_BACKUP", do you see the records for this policy, and are
    they shown in all uppercase?

    From: Frank Pettinato

    bplist -C atlphsdb3 -S atlphsapp3 -t 4 -k ORACLE_PSEP_BACKUP -l -s
    6/24/2008 -e 6/24/2008 -R /

    EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle