port number range not to be so wide (ie, from 4500 to 5000)?

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • freek D'Hooge at Jun 17, 2008 at 12:12 pm
    You could use shared servers and explicit list the dispatcher port numbers.
    There also used to be a registry key USE_SHARED_SOCKET to limit the port
    number to the listener port number, but this key must be set on the oracle
    server, not the client.

    Regards,

    Freek D'Hooge
    Uptime
    Oracle Database Administrator
    email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
    tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
    http://www.uptime.be
    disclaimer

    From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
    On Behalf Of Jose Manuel Quesada
    Sent: dinsdag 17 juni 2008 13:51
    To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
    Subject: Oracle client - Port number

    I am connecting to an Oracle instance through a Oracle 10G client in a
    Windows box. Is it possible to choose the client's port number or limit the
    port number range not to be so wide (ie, from 4500 to 5000)?

    Thanks
  • Lyndon Tiu at Jun 17, 2008 at 12:23 pm
    This is beyond Oracle's control. It's an OS thing. There may be a Windows registry hack for this. Research Google.