Maybe I'll start studying 11g.

Dennis Williams

Search Discussions

  • David Aldridge at Jun 6, 2008 at 12:12 pm
    I'm not sure how "data modelers ... and business intelligence analysts" fall in the category of DBA's though. They're painting with a broad brush there.

    ----- Original Message ----
    From: Dennis Williams
    To: Oracle-L Freelists
    Sent: Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:31:13 PM
    Subject: DBA a hot IT job

    List,

    The June issue of Baseline Magazine has an article "Today's 10 Hottest IT Jobs".

    Hey, DBA made the list!

    7. Database Administrators and Managers
    In its annual salary report, Robert Half Technology recently named database administration and management as one of the key growth niches in IT, particularly in light of Bureau of Labor Statistics predictions that this sector will outpace the growth of all other occupations through 2014.

    http://www.baselinemag.com/c/a/IT-Management/The-10-Hottest-IT-Jobs-in-Demand/

    I think this is great news. I hadn't seen such a prediction in recent years. Maybe I'll start studying 11g.

    Dennis Williams

  • Dba1 mcc at Jun 6, 2008 at 12:38 pm
    I don't know it is true or NOT?

    I live in DC netro area. I have more than 10 years ORACLE DBA experience. I try to change job to Federal goverment as official employee (NOT contractor). I have been look washington Post for several months and can NOT see any open (even private companies are very very few).

    May be those positions are fill by "out source" person.

    Dennis Williams wrote: List,

    The June issue of Baseline Magazine has an article "Today's 10 Hottest IT Jobs".

    Hey, DBA made the list!

    7. Database Administrators and Managers
    In its annual salary report, Robert Half Technology recently named database administration and management as one of the key growth niches in IT, particularly in light of Bureau of Labor Statistics predictions that this sector will outpace the growth of all other occupations through 2014.

    http://www.baselinemag.com/c/a/IT-Management/The-10-Hottest-IT-Jobs-in-Demand/

    I think this is great news. I hadn't seen such a prediction in recent years. Maybe I'll start studying 11g.

    Dennis Williams

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJun 5, '08 at 11:31p