I know that RMAN is the backup software to use with RAC, however, I'd like to know if there are other software that people use besides RMAN and why?

Thanks for any response.

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_052008

Search Discussions

  • Rjamya at May 14, 2008 at 9:05 am
    I know couple of places that use SQL Backtrack and couple of places that
    still use good ol' hot backups (and no RMAN) with RAC, but all of _these_
    places do not use ASM.

    As to why? it could be that-is-how-the-things-are-done-here approach.

    I know that RMAN is the backup software to use with RAC, however, I'd like
    to know if there are other software that people use besides RMAN and why?

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMay 14, '08 at 2:07a
activeMay 14, '08 at 9:05a