Dear All,

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=646501&tstart=0

Recently I have installed Oracle 10g R2 and Windows 2000 AS on my new Laptop
Acer (AMD 64 Bit 512 L2 Cache with 1 GB RAM).

After creating a database using DBCA the RAM size goes upto 80% to 90%. I
just want to the following things

Is it OK or not.
If not, then should I increased more RAM (2GB)
I need to bought new PC for R&D with better hardware.

Please let me know your concerns.
Thanks,
Amit Verma
Oracle DBA & System Adminstrator

E-Mail:- in.amitverma_at_gmail.com, v.amit_at_hotmail.com
WebSite:- http://www.linkedin.com/in/vamit
IM:- verma.labs_at_gmail.com
Mobile:- (+91) 98910.98927

Search Discussions

  • Jared Still at Apr 23, 2008 at 2:23 pm
    The default RAM usage of a database created by DBUA is 40% I believe,
    so if you used the defaults on your database, Oracle is consuming 400Meg
    just to start the database.

    You can:
    *) Adjust the database parameters manually
    *) increase the RAM on your laptop.

    Running Oracle on laptop with 1 gig works, but 2 gig is much better.
    4gig if you can get it.

    Jared
    Recently I have installed Oracle 10g R2 and Windows 2000 AS on my new Laptop
    Acer (AMD 64 Bit 512 L2 Cache with 1 GB RAM).

    After creating a database using DBCA the RAM size goes upto 80% to 90%. I
    just want to the following things

    1. Is it OK or not.
    2. If not, then should I increased more RAM (2GB)
    3. I need to bought new PC for R&D with better hardware.

    --
    Jared Still

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle