Oracle 11.1.0.6.0
In dba_auto_task_client I can see a few client_names:
auto optimizer stats collection
auto space advisor
sql tuning advisor

How do I work out exactly what jobs and what code these run?

For example I assume that the optimizer one runs GATHER_STATS_PROG, but I
cannot verify that.

Search Discussions

  • John Hallas at Mar 20, 2008 at 9:23 am
    col status form a9

    col task_name form a25

    col operation_name form a30

    col current_job_name form a30

    select operation_name,task_name, status,current_job_name from
    DBA_AUTOTASK_TASK

    /

    OPERATION_NAME TASK_NAME
    STATUS CURRENT_JOB_NAME

    ------------------------------ ------------------------- ---------
    ------------------------------

    auto space advisor job auto_space_advisor_prog

    ENABLED

    auto optimizer stats job gather_stats_prog
    ENABLED

    automatic sql tuning task AUTO_SQL_TUNING_PROG ENABLED

    www.jhdba.wordpress.com

    In dba_auto_task_client I can see a few client_names:
    auto optimizer stats collection
    auto space advisor
    sql tuning advisor

    How do I work out exactly what jobs and what code these run?

    For example I assume that the optimizer one runs GATHER_STATS_PROG, but
    I cannot verify that.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMar 5, '08 at 4:59p
activeMar 20, '08 at 9:23a
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Peter Hitchman: 1 post John Hallas: 1 post