Has anybody seen this error in the log files for create a dbconsole in 10g on AIX?

The sysman and dbsnmp accounts are unlocked and I can log into them via sqlplus.
$emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create

CONFIG: ORA-28003: password verification for the specified password failedORA-20003: Password should contain at least one \

The first database on this server configured just fine. The second is giving me problems.

What does "Password should contain at least one \" mean?

thanks.

  • Paul Drake at Feb 29, 2008 at 6:06 pm

    Has anybody seen this error in the log files for create a dbconsole in 10g
    on AIX?

    The sysman and dbsnmp accounts are unlocked and I can log into them via
    sqlplus.

    $emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create

    CONFIG: ORA-28003: password verification for the specified password failed
    ORA-20003: Password should contain at least one \
    Joe,

    That sounds to me as if a password verification function is in use for the
    profile assigned to the user that is being created (likely the default
    profile).
    Either you need to specify a (complex) password for the user being created,
    or temporarily disable the use of the password verify function for that
    profile while this script is being run (and re-enable it afterwards).

    With a password verify function being enabled by default in 11g R1, this
    type of error will be much more common.

    hth.

    Paul

    The first database on this server configured just fine. The second is
    giving me problems.

    What does "Password should contain at least one \" mean?

    thanks.

    ------------------------------
    Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Get it now!<http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008>
    USADA and WADA are broken and not worth fixing. Boycott professional sports.
    Avoid patronizing their advertisers. Don't buy tickets to NBA, NFL, MLBB,
    NHL and especially Pro Cycling.

  • John Hallas at Mar 3, 2008 at 12:50 pm
    Do you have the password verification function enabled?

    If so Bug bug4200967 refers to it but the content is not available on
    Metalink.

    See http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=619654&tstart=0

    John

    Has anybody seen this error in the log files for create a dbconsole in
    10g on AIX?
    The sysman and dbsnmp accounts are unlocked and I can log into them via
    sqlplus.
    $emca -config dbcontrol db -repos create
    CONFIG: ORA-28003: password verification for the specified password
    failed
    ORA-20003: Password should contain at least one \

    The information included in this email and any files transmitted with it may contain information that is confidential and it must not be used by, or its contents or attachments copied or disclosed, to persons other than the intended addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify BJSS.
    In the absence of written agreement to the contrary BJSS’ relevant standard terms of contract for any work to be undertaken will apply.
    Please carry out virus or such other checks as you consider appropriate in respect of this email. BJSS do not accept responsibility for any adverse effect upon your system or data in relation to this email or any files transmitted with it.
    BJSS Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (Company Number 2777575), VAT Registration Number 613295452, Registered Office Address, First Floor, Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedFeb 29, '08 at 5:34p
activeMar 3, '08 at 12:50p