Hi All,

While running a clone script the database was put in startup no mount and
creating control file was in process, after sometime i stopped the process
as I was not seeing the oracle backend process though the script look like
running. While trying to sqlplus I am getting this below error, Certain
google pages says that we need to wait until the instance is released, but
waited for a long time, still am facing this error. Please help.

bash-2.05$ sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

ERROR:

ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

Thanks,
Ann

Search Discussions

  • Shastry(DBA) at Feb 3, 2008 at 7:34 am
    Hi all,

    I resolved this issue utilising this below link's suggestion:
    http://www.ordba.net/Tutorials/OracleUtilities~SYSRESV.htm

    Thanks for the author.

    Regards,
    Ann
    While running a clone script the database was put in startup no mount and
    creating control file was in process, after sometime i stopped the process
    as I was not seeing the oracle backend process though the script look like
    running. While trying to sqlplus I am getting this below error, Certain
    google pages says that we need to wait until the instance is released, but
    waited for a long time, still am facing this error. Please help.

    bash-2.05$ sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

    ERROR:
    ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

    Thanks,
    Ann

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle