I 'su" to root and run command. I got error message.
Anyone know how to fix it?

Redhat version AS 4.4

/home/app/oracle/product/oms10g/install/unix/scripts/omsstup
start
/bin/su: user %s_userName% does not exist

Be a better pen pal.

  • Rich Jesse at Nov 21, 2007 at 4:29 pm
    Assuming you're already logged in as the oracle software owner, you don't
    need to su to root to start OMS. In fact, the default omsstup script
    assumes it to be called from system startup (as root) and does an su to the
    oracle software owner, which is defined within the script.

    Judging by the error, I'm thinking your version of omsstup has been
    customized (at least it doesn't match my vanilla 10.2.0.3.0 version). I
    also take it by the nature of your question that you are not comfortable
    with Linux command line, or you would have determined that the omsstup file
    is a script and viewed it's contents to determine the nature of the error.
    Given this, you'll want to contact Oracle Support or the person who
    installed the OMS and/or customized the omsstup script (which, by the
    percent signs in your error, reeks of a Windows person attempting Posix
    shell programming without cracking a manual).

    **GENERICALLY speaking**, to start the OMS one needs to:

    Define the ORACLE_HOME environment variable to be the OMS OH.
    Define the PATH
    Execute: $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin/opmnctl startall

    I'd highly Highly HIGHLY recommend that you log out of the server
    immediately without proper guidance on what *not* to do at the Linux command
    line prompt, wether you're logged in as root or the oracle software owner.

    GL!

    Rich
    I 'su" to root and run command. I got error message.
    Anyone know how to fix it?

    Redhat version AS 4.4

    /home/app/oracle/product/oms10g/install/unix/scripts/omsstup
    start
    /bin/su: user %s_userName% does not exist
  • Ghassan Salem at Nov 21, 2007 at 5:08 pm
    edit the script and replace %s_userName% with the name of the user who
    installed the oms.
    I saw the same thing after an upgrade of the GC (one of the upgrades did
    this, others I've done did not exhibit this behaviour)

    rgds
    I 'su" to root and run command. I got error message.
    Anyone know how to fix it?

    Redhat version AS 4.4

    /home/app/oracle/product/oms10g/install/unix/scripts/omsstup
    start
    /bin/su: user %s_userName% does not exist

    Be a better pen pal.
    Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
    http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedNov 21, '07 at 3:44p