FAQ
Hi DBAs.





The instance with Oracle 10g DB on Windows 2003 SP1 box suddenly crashed
last night with the following error in the alert log file.



ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [ACCESS_VIOLATION]
[__chkstk+23] [PC:0x1D56927] [ADDR:0x5942AD28] [UNABLE_TO_READ] []





When looked into the related trace file, the error is mentioned there as
below:



SERVICE NAME:(SYS$USERS) 2007-11-10 02:30:14.652

SESSION ID:(141.27363) 2007-11-10 02:30:14.652

2007-11-10 02:30:14.652

ksedmp: internal or fatal error

ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [ACCESS_VIOLATION]
[__chkstk+23] [PC:0x1D56927] [ADDR:0x5942AD28] [UNABLE_TO_READ] []

Current SQL statement for this session:

update tsq$ set
blocks=:3,maxblocks=:4,grantor#=:5,priv1=:6,priv2=:7,priv3=:8 where
ts#=:1 and user#=:2



There was almost no user activity at that particular time. Has anyone
experienced a similar error before?



Any expert opinion?





Thanks,

Khan

Search Discussions

  • Taylor, Chris David at Nov 12, 2007 at 5:28 pm
    I'm researching on the internet at the same time I'm emailing this
    question. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.



    We recently lost our SAN and had to reinitialize it. We've restored the
    backups from tape but I have one database that lost all its
    controlfiles. Normally we multiplex the controlfiles and have one copy
    on the C:\ drive.

    This DB did not have that setup.



    So, now my question is, how can I recover the controlfile from the most
    recent backup if RMAN doesn't have a controlfile to read from to find
    the latest backup?? :-)



    Here's the script that backs up the database in question:



    backup database plus archivelog delete input;

    delete noprompt obsolete;



    Any help?





    Chris Taylor

    Sr. Oracle DBA

    Ingram Barge Company

    Nashville, TN 37205

    Office: 615-517-3355

    Cell: 615-354-4799

    Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com
  • Don Seiler at Nov 12, 2007 at 6:05 pm
    Might want to give this a read:

    http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14191/rcmrecov004.htm#sthref734

    Don.

    On Nov 12, 2007 11:28 AM, Taylor, Chris David
    wrote:
    So, now my question is, how can I recover the controlfile from the most
    recent backup if RMAN doesn't have a controlfile to read from to find the
    latest backup?? J
    --
    Don Seiler
    http://seilerwerks.wordpress.com
    ultimate: http://www.mufc.us
    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
  • Taylor, Chris David at Nov 12, 2007 at 6:13 pm
    Thanks Don! That's what I needed.

    Chris Taylor
    Sr. Oracle DBA
    Ingram Barge Company
    Nashville, TN 37205
    Office: 615-517-3355
    Cell: 615-354-4799
    Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

    -----Original Message-----
    From: dtseiler_at_gmail.com On Behalf Of Don
    Seiler
    Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 12:06 PM
    To: Taylor, Chris David
    Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
    Subject: Re: Urgent: RMAN Question

    Might want to give this a read:

    http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14191/rcmr
    ecov004.htm#sthref734

    Don.

    On Nov 12, 2007 11:28 AM, Taylor, Chris David
    wrote:
    So, now my question is, how can I recover the controlfile from the most
    recent backup if RMAN doesn't have a controlfile to read from to find the
    latest backup?? J
    --
    Don Seiler
    http://seilerwerks.wordpress.com
    ultimate: http://www.mufc.us

    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
  • Dennis Williams at Nov 12, 2007 at 7:47 pm
    Chris,

    Good luck on fixing your problem. Once things settle down please tell us
    more about your wayward SAN. Is that "lost" as misplaced or "never deal with
    that vendor again" or "shot our storage administrator at sunrise"?

    Dennis Williams
    On 11/12/07, Taylor, Chris David wrote:

    Thanks Don! That's what I needed.

    Chris Taylor
    Sr. Oracle DBA
    Ingram Barge Company
    Nashville, TN 37205
    Office: 615-517-3355
    Cell: 615-354-4799
    Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

    -----Original Message-----
    From: dtseiler_at_gmail.com On Behalf Of Don
    Seiler
    Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 12:06 PM
    To: Taylor, Chris David
    Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
    Subject: Re: Urgent: RMAN Question

    Might want to give this a read:

    http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14191/rcmr
    ecov004.htm#sthref734

    Don.

    On Nov 12, 2007 11:28 AM, Taylor, Chris David
    wrote:
    So, now my question is, how can I recover the controlfile from the most
    recent backup if RMAN doesn't have a controlfile to read from to find the
    latest backup?? J
    --
    Don Seiler
    http://seilerwerks.wordpress.com
    ultimate: http://www.mufc.us


    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
  • Robert Freeman at Nov 12, 2007 at 6:49 pm
    I'm at Open World, so my responses will be slow in
    coming but the natural first questions anyone is going
    to have are: what version are you using and if it's 9i
    or later do you have control file autobackups? Are you
    using a recovery catalog?

    Control files are backed up as a part of the normal
    backup process ... so, if you must you can manually
    extract the control file from a backup set. It's
    painful but possible.

    RF

    "Taylor, Chris David"
    wrote:
    I'm researching on the internet at the same time I'm
    emailing this
    question. I hope someone can point me in the right
    direction.



    We recently lost our SAN and had to reinitialize it.
    We've restored the
    backups from tape but I have one database that lost
    all its
    controlfiles. Normally we multiplex the
    controlfiles and have one copy
    on the C:\ drive.

    This DB did not have that setup.



    So, now my question is, how can I recover the
    controlfile from the most
    recent backup if RMAN doesn't have a controlfile to
    read from to find
    the latest backup?? :-)



    Here's the script that backs up the database in
    question:



    backup database plus archivelog delete input;

    delete noprompt obsolete;



    Any help?





    Chris Taylor

    Sr. Oracle DBA

    Ingram Barge Company

    Nashville, TN 37205

    Office: 615-517-3355

    Cell: 615-354-4799

    Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com


    Robert G. Freeman
    Author:
    Now Available for Pre-Sales on Amazon.com!!!!

    Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press)

    Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
    Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press)
    Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
    Oracle9i New Feature
    Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)
  • Peter McLarty at Nov 13, 2007 at 3:05 am
    There is patches for ORA-07445 errors on most platforms, have a look at
    metalink to identify your required patch

    Cheers

    Peter
    On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 10:30 -0500, Khan, Muhammad S wrote:
    Hi DBAs.





    The instance with Oracle 10g DB on Windows 2003 SP1 box suddenly
    crashed last night with the following error in the alert log file.



    ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [ACCESS_VIOLATION]
    [__chkstk+23] [PC:0x1D56927] [ADDR:0x5942AD28] [UNABLE_TO_READ] []





    When looked into the related trace file, the error is mentioned there
    as below:



    *** SERVICE NAME:(SYS$USERS) 2007-11-10 02:30:14.652
    *** SESSION ID:(141.27363) 2007-11-10 02:30:14.652
    *** 2007-11-10 02:30:14.652

    ksedmp: internal or fatal error

    ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [ACCESS_VIOLATION]
    [__chkstk+23] [PC:0x1D56927] [ADDR:0x5942AD28] [UNABLE_TO_READ] []

    Current SQL statement for this session:

    update tsq$ set
    blocks=:3,maxblocks=:4,grantor#=:5,priv1=:6,priv2=:7,priv3=:8 where
    ts#=:1 and user#=:2



    There was almost no user activity at that particular time. Has anyone
    experienced a similar error before?



    Any expert opinion?





    Thanks,

    Khan


    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedNov 12, '07 at 3:30p
activeNov 13, '07 at 3:05a
posts7
users6
websiteoracle.com

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase