All,

i have a streams setup that sends all the changes from a 9i db
scott.emp to 10g db scott.emp . but the changes are not getting
transmitted to 10g.

SELECT p.DESTINATION_DBLINK,
DECODE(s.SCHEDULE_DISABLED,
'Y', 'Disabled',
'N', 'Enabled') SCHEDULE_DISABLED,

s.PROCESS_NAME,
s.FAILURES,
s.LAST_ERROR_TIME,
s.LAST_ERROR_MSG

FROM DBA_QUEUE_SCHEDULES s, DBA_PROPAGATION p
WHERE

p.DESTINATION_DBLINK = s.DESTINATION
AND s.SCHEMA = p.SOURCE_QUEUE_OWNER
AND s.QNAME = p.SOURCE_QUEUE_NAME
SQL> /

DESTINATION_DBLINK

SCHEDULE PROCESS_ FAILURES LAST_ERR

-------- -------- ---------- --------
LAST_ERROR_MSG

DEV10G.US.ORACLE.COM

Enabled 11 04:25:59

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_AQADM' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

I will appreciate any input.

thanks
-Prasad

Search Discussions

  • Alexander Fatkulin at Nov 9, 2007 at 11:15 pm
    Have you granted explicit execute privilege to a user who's the
    propagation owner?
  • Prasad at Nov 9, 2007 at 11:30 pm
    i have all the access granted to strmadmin user. but the owner of the
    table emp is scott. so do I need to grant execute privilege explicitly
    to scott?

    thanks
    -Prasad
    Have you granted explicit execute privilege to a user who's the
    propagation owner?
    I will appreciate any input.

    thanks
    -Prasad

    Alex Fatkulin,
    The Pythian Group,
    http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alexf
  • Prasad at Nov 10, 2007 at 1:26 am
    SQL> select propagation_name,source_queue_owner,destination_dblink
    2 from dba_propagation;

    PROPAGATION_NAME SOURCE_QUEUE_OWNER

    DESTINATION_DBLINK

    CAPTURE_STREAM STRMADMIN

    DEV10G.US.ORACLE.COM

    and I granted the below privileges as suggested to strmadmin .as the
    source db is 9i .

    GRANT EXECUTE ON DBMS_AQADM TO strmadmin;
    GRANT EXECUTE ON DBMS_STREAMS_ADM TO strmadmin;
    GRANT EXECUTE ON DBMS_APPLY_ADM to strmadmin;
    GRANT EXECUTE ON DBMS_CAPTURE_ADM to strmadmin;
    GRANT EXECUTE ON DBMS_PROPAGATION_ADM to strmadmin;
    GRANT EXECUTE ON DBMS_FLASHBACK to strmadmin;

    GRANT SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE to strmadmin;
    GRANT SELECT ANY DICTIONARY to strmadmin;
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES TO strmadmin;

    but still i dont see the dml changes not getting propagation. Can you
    please point me to where to start the debugging .

    thanks
    -Prasad