Hello,
I'm a newbie oracle database administrator, I've installed Oracle 9i and 10g
on Windows, Linux and AIX, and installation patchsets ... always reading the
official documentation, but now, I have to do some more "great" and more
important;-) I have 2 servers with AIX installed and I have to install
HACMP and Oracle 10g (we have SAN too). I don't know nothing about san and
hacmp+oracle nowadays. Someone knows of documentation about all this? Thanks
beforehand.

Cheers...

Search Discussions

  • David Barbour at Oct 29, 2007 at 3:11 pm
    The HACMP piece should probably be left to an experienced AIX admin. Oracle
    doesn't really come into play when setting up an HACMP failover. Just
    curious as to why you'd choose HACMP over RAC?
    I'm a newbie oracle database administrator, I've installed Oracle 9i and
    10g on Windows, Linux and AIX, and installation patchsets ... always reading
    the official documentation, but now, I have to do some more "great" and more
    important;-) I have 2 servers with AIX installed and I have to install
    HACMP and Oracle 10g (we have SAN too). I don't know nothing about san and
    hacmp+oracle nowadays. Someone knows of documentation about all this? Thanks
    beforehand.

    Cheers...
  • Crisler, Jon at Oct 29, 2007 at 3:53 pm
    If the only thing running on this cluster is Oracle RAC, then you don't
    really need HACMP (or GPFS) assuming you are going to use ASM for your
    storage method.

    The HACMP piece should probably be left to an experienced AIX admin.
    Oracle doesn't really come into play when setting up an HACMP failover.
    Just curious as to why you'd choose HACMP over RAC?

    I'm a newbie oracle database administrator, I've installed Oracle 9i and
    10g on Windows, Linux and AIX, and installation patchsets ... always
    reading the official documentation, but now, I have to do some more
    "great" and more important;-) I have 2 servers with AIX installed and I
    have to install HACMP and Oracle 10g (we have SAN too). I don't know
    nothing about san and hacmp+oracle nowadays. Someone knows of
    documentation about all this? Thanks beforehand.

    Cheers...

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedOct 25, '07 at 12:23p