Transportable Tablespace
Source: Oracle 10gR2, Windows XP
Target: Oracle 10gR2, AIX 5L (5.3)
Does anyone know if it is possible to do the endian conversion and the
conversion from a cooked datafile to raw in one step as follows?

CONVERT TABLESPACE sdo_data TO PLATFORM 'AIX-Based Systems (64-bit)'
db_file_name_convert='/home/oracle/datafile/sdo_data01.dbf ',
'/dev/ra0027da001';

Normally I would think it would be a two step process, the endian conversion
followed by a dd to convert a cooked file to raw. One of my co-workers
thinks RMAN will do it without clobbering any header info in the raw device.
I searched, but couldn't find any info where this has been done. I
found examples of raw from one platform to raw on another, but dd was used.

Thanks,

David

Search Discussions

  • David Taft at Oct 11, 2007 at 5:34 pm
    Just an FYI,

    These are transportable tablespaces from ADCi and contain NAVTEQ map data.
    The rman convert wrote out to the raw device with an offset so as to
    not clobber the header and the transport_tablespace import ran without a
    problem.

    David
    Does anyone know if it is possible to do the endian conversion and the
    conversion from a cooked datafile to raw in one step as follows?

    CONVERT TABLESPACE sdo_data TO PLATFORM 'AIX-Based Systems (64-bit)'
    db_file_name_convert='/home/oracle/datafile/sdo_data01.dbf ',
    '/dev/ra0027da001';

    Normally I would think it would be a two step process, the endian
    conversion followed by a dd to convert a cooked file to raw. One of my
    co-workers thinks RMAN will do it without clobbering any header info in the
    raw device.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedOct 4, '07 at 8:28p