�Hi All,

I took a rman controlfile backup from 9i primary db ( host a) and all the db
files backup from the standby db ( host b) and now I am trying to restore
the db into a different host (host C).

I have copied all the backup set from standby and primary db to the host C .

After setting the dbid I am able to restore the controlfile from the rman
controlfile backup and mount the db. but when I try to restore the database
it says that it is not able to find the backup/datafile .

So my problem is how do I let RMAN know the backupset location in the host
C. Is there anything like Catalog start with or any otherway to let RMAN
know where to restore from.

I will appreciate any suggestions or inputs .

TIA

-PK

Search Discussions

  • Hemant K Chitale at Sep 27, 2007 at 12:41 pm
    Use the CATALOG BACKUPPIECE command in RMAN to catalog the backups
    in the new location.