I have an unsupported environment running:
CentOS 4.4 in VMWare Server 1.x (2 of these)
RAC 11.1.0.6.0 (production release, not beta)
OpenFiler 2.2 serving NFS (running in a 3rd VM)

These VMs are all running on the same server (it has 16Gb of RAM and plenty of CPU) and they're all running fine.

So, many have done this and it is working just fine. I'm trying to play with the Direct NFS features and I know a few of you have tried this as well.

I've created an $OH/dbs/oranfstab with:
server: openfiler1
path: 172.16.163.200
export: /mnt/danrac/of1/all1 mount: /mnt/all1

server: openfiler1
path: 172.16.163.200
export: /mnt/danrac/of2/all2 mount: /mnt/all2

and they're mounted fine:
172.16.163.200:/mnt/danrac/of1/all1

10321216 256768 9540160 3% /mnt/all1
172.16.163.200:/mnt/danrac/of2/all2
5039616 141248 4642368 3% /mnt/all2

I also changed the libodm11.so pointer to reference the NFS library per the instructions.

I created a tablespace using this new filesystem by placing a file on /mnt/all1 and now I see this message in the alert logs of each instance:
Direct NFS: mount complete dir /mnt/danrac/of1/all1 on openfiler1 path 172.16.163.200 mntport 741 nfsport 2049
Direct NFS: mount barrier to server openfiler1 failed

Have any of you seen this before or have any suggestions? Obviously, Metalink isn't quite ready to return search results for this new feature.

Dan

Search Discussions

  • Closson, Kevin A at Aug 23, 2007 at 4:11 pm
    �what are your export options on the openfiler and what are your mount
    options on the client?

    I have an unsupported environment running:
    CentOS 4.4 in VMWare Server 1.x (2 of these) RAC 11.1.0.6.0 (production
    release, not beta) OpenFiler 2.2 serving NFS (running in a 3rd VM)

    These VMs are all running on the same server (it has 16Gb of RAM and
    plenty of CPU) and they're all running fine.

    So, many have done this and it is working just fine. I'm trying to play
    with the Direct NFS features and I know a few of you have tried this as
    well.

  • Dan Norris at Aug 23, 2007 at 4:33 pm
    I'm not that familiar with openfiler, so I'm not sure where to find the export options at the cmd line, but I have allowed both RAC nodes RW and allowed root as well. The share privileges are dba as the PG and oinstall has RW as well.

    Mount options on the Linux level are (copied straight from the install guide):
    rw,bg,hard,nointr,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,tcp,actimeo=0,vers=3,timeo=600

    I also modified the oranfstab to look like this:
    server: openfiler1
    path: 172.16.163.200
    export: /mnt/danrac/of1/all1 mount: /mnt/all1
    export: /mnt/danrac/of2/all2 mount: /mnt/all2

    I restarted and there's no change--same error in the alert log and v$dnfs_files is empty.

    SQL> select svrname,dirname,mntport,nfsport,wtmax,rtmax from v$dnfs_servers

    SVRNAME DIRNAME MNTPORT NFSPORT WTMAX RTMAX
    ------------- -------------------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
    openfiler1 /mnt/danrac/of1/all1 741 2049 131072 131072

    I only have one datafile at the moment (on this mount point), so that's why only one of the mount points is showing up so far.

    Dan

    what are your export options on the openfiler and what are your mount
    options on the client?

    I have an unsupported environment running:
    CentOS 4.4 in VMWare Server 1.x (2 of these) RAC 11.1.0.6.0 (production
    release, not beta) OpenFiler 2.2 serving NFS (running in a 3rd VM)

    So, many have done this and it is working just fine. I'm trying to play
    with the Direct NFS features and I know a few of you have tried this as
    well.

  • Dan Norris at Aug 23, 2007 at 7:02 pm
    Good questions (I'm no expert either). I've done both things and they seem to be working fine. I did verify that the UID/GIDs match up appropriately.

    Dan