  • Allen, Brandon at Aug 9, 2007 at 11:27 pm
    Good news and bad news on 11g option and management pack licensing
    (http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/license.111/b28287/options
    .htm):

    Bad:
    1) Diagnostics Pack license is still required for accessing ASH and AWR
    underlying views & tables
    2) Real Application Testing is a separately licensed option, available
    only with EE
    3) Oracle Total Recall (aka Flashback Data Archive) is a separately
    licensed option, available only with EE
    4) "Automatic Plan Evolution of SQL Plan Management" requires Diag &
    Tuning pack licenses

    Good:
    1) There is a new parameter (control_management_pack_access) to disable
    the diagnostics & tuning packs if you aren't licensed for them,
    hopefully these will disable their overhead as well - not just disable
    access to them
    2) I'm not sure about this, but it looks like the fact that it says the
    Tuning Pack is required specifically for Automatic Plan Evolution is an
    indication that the Tuning Pack is not required for manual plan
    evolution, so it sounds like maybe some basic functionality of SQL Plan
    Management is included in the base product - just not some of the
    automated functionality

    Regards,
    Brandon

  • Niall Litchfield at Aug 10, 2007 at 8:28 am
    Pretty much what I'd expected given the way the whitepapers had been
    arranged on OTN. RAT makes sense to me as an option (though I'd like to see
    it with SE) since a plausible argument might be made that it will save you a
    ton of money in testing. Especially if you buy COTS packages rather than
    self develop.
    Good news and bad news on 11g option and management pack licensing (
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/license.111/b28287/options.htm
    ):

[...]

    consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions
    business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed
    by it.
    --
    Niall Litchfield
    Oracle DBA

  • Dba1 mcc at Aug 10, 2007 at 12:41 pm
    Look like 11g database still NOT release. the web
    site ONLY 11g compoments can download.

    Oracle Database 11g Release 1 Client (11.1.0.6.0) for
    Linux x86

    linux_11gR1_client.zip (458,677,395 bytes) (cksum
    - 2693183676)

    Oracle Database 11g Examples (formerly Companion)

    linux_11gR1_examples.zip (457,209,469 bytes)
    (cksum - 606940067)

    Oracle Clusterware Release 1 (11.1.0.6.0) for Linux
    x86

    linux_11gR1_clusterware.zip (244,654,895 bytes)
    (cksum - 3625236068)

    Oracle Database Gateways 11g Release 1 (11.1.0.6.0)
    for Linux x86

    linux_11gR1_gateways.zip (451,061,474 bytes)
    (cksum - 1541243104)

    Oracle HTTP Server (Apache 2.0) (10.1.3.3.0) for Linux
    x86
    as_101330_apache2_lnx.zip (334,457,994 bytes) (cksum -
    499385062)

    Jeremy Paul Schneider
    wrote:
    Looks like we can now download Oracle 11g for Linux!

    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/index.html
    --
    Jeremy Schneider
    Chicago, IL

    wrote:
    Looks like we can now download Oracle 11g for Linux!

    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/index.html
    --
    Jeremy Schneider
    Chicago, IL
    http://www.ardentperf.com/category/technical

    Charles Schultz

  • Stefan Knecht at Aug 10, 2007 at 1:54 pm
    Doesn't seem to be that much missing?

    http://www.oracle.com/pls/db111/portal.all_books

    I don't like the new doc layout they got though.

    Stefan

    wrote:
    Looks like we can now download Oracle 11g for Linux!

    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/index.html
    --
    Jeremy Schneider
    Chicago, IL
    http://www.ardentperf.com/category/technical

    Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel
    today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

    Charles Schultz
    --
    =========================

    Stefan P Knecht
    Consultant
    Infrastructure Managed Services

    Trivadis AG
    Europa-Strasse 5
    CH-8152 Glattbrugg

    Phone +41-44-808 70 20
    Fax +41-808 70 12
    Mobile +41-79-571 36 27
    stefan.knecht_at_trivadis.com
    http://www.trivadis.com

  • Jared Still at Aug 10, 2007 at 5:30 pm