Hi, List,

I am testing a disaster recovery senario. RMAN backup was done with no
catalog. Below are what I did:

startup nomount
restore spfile from xxx
shutdown
startup (this time it picks up the restored spfile)
restore controlfile from xxx
alter database mount
restore database check readonly (I have 2 read only tablespaces)
recover database until logseq 5 (log seq 4 was the last archivelog backed
up by rman)

everything worked fine until step 8, I got an error on step 8 until follows:

ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error
below

ORA-01122: database file 9 failed verification check
ORA-01110: data file 9: 'H:\xxx\xxx\xxx.dbf'
ORA-01206: file is not part of this database - wrong database id

file 9 is one of the READ ONLY tablespaces.
Any comment on what's wrong in here?

TIA,

-Li

Search Discussions

  • Richard J. Goulet at Jun 13, 2007 at 7:32 pm
    Was this datafile/tablespace transported from another database??

    Dick Goulet / Capgemini
    North America P&C / East Business Unit
    Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
    Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com
    <http://www.capgemini.com/>
    Fax: 508.229.2019 / Email: richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com
    45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

    Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

[...]

  • Li Li at Jun 13, 2007 at 7:47 pm
    no :(

    ------------------------------
    I am testing a disaster recovery senario. RMAN backup was done with no
    catalog. Below are what I did:

    1. startup nomount
    2. restore spfile from xxx
    3. shutdown
    4. startup (this time it picks up the restored spfile)
    5. restore controlfile from xxx
    6. alter database mount
    7. restore database check readonly (I have 2 read only tablespaces)
    8. recover database until logseq 5 (log seq 4 was the last archivelog
    backed up by rman)

    everything worked fine until step 8, I got an error on step 8 until
    follows:

    ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error
    below
    ORA-01122: database file 9 failed verification check
    ORA-01110: data file 9: 'H:\xxx\xxx\xxx.dbf'
    ORA-01206: file is not part of this database - wrong database id

    file 9 is one of the READ ONLY tablespaces.
    Any comment on what's wrong in here?

    TIA,
    -Li

    This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
    and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the
    person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you
    are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or
    use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error,
  • Richard J. Goulet at Jun 13, 2007 at 7:54 pm
    Phooey. That might have explained it.

    ________________________________

[...]

    message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all
    copies of this message.

  • Li Li at Jun 13, 2007 at 9:46 pm
    Ted,

    Thanks for your reply! I am pretty sure I used the right controlfile.
    I tried again by moving the manual controlfile and spfile rman command (I
    was not using controlfile autobackup) to the very end of the backup script
    and re-did the backup. Then I deleted everything and re-did all the steps
    that I listed in my previous email, got the same error.

    -Li