When I download the 10G database .gz for AIX 5L from the Oracle
TEchnology network download site, and try to run gunzip on it on AIX I
get an "unexpected end of file" error.

The same happens if I try to unzip it using winzip on Windows

I have tried a number of times and get the same result. Disk space is
not an issue.

Is the file corrupt?. The downloaded file is NOT the same size as stated
on the downloads page

John Dunn

Product Consultant

Sefas Innovation Limited

Direct Dial + 44 (0) 117 373 6122

www.sefas.com

Sefas Innovation Ltd, CityPoint, Temple Gate, Bristol BS1 6PL, UK. Tel:
+44 (0) 117 373 6114 Fax: +44 (0) 117 373 6115

Sefas Innovation Limited. Registered No: 3769761 England. Registered
Office: One New Street, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2LA, United Kingdom. VAT
Registration No: GB 741 5377 32

Unless stated to be non-confidential, this email and any attachments are
private and confidential and are for the addressee only. Sefas monitors
e-mails to ensure its systems operate effectively and to minimize the
risk of viruses. Whilst Sefas has taken reasonable steps to scan this
email, it does not accept liability for any virus that may be contained
in it.

Internet communications are not 100% secure and as such Sefas is not
responsible for their abuse by 3rd parties, nor for any alteration or
corruption in transmission.

Search Discussions

  • Dennis Williams at May 8, 2007 at 5:47 pm
    John,

    Is there any possibility you use FTP in ASCII mode? In reviewing your
    posting it seems you are getting a consitent result but you didn't mention
    whether you are trying different download methods.
    Can you download this using a different method or server?

    Dennis Williams
[...]

  • Baumgartel, Paul at May 8, 2007 at 6:29 pm
    More than once I've found that files claimed to be gzipped are not. Try renaming the file (remove the .gz extension) and running cpio or tar (whichever created the file) on it directly.

    Paul Baumgartel
    CREDIT SUISSE

    Information Technology
    Securities Processing Databases Americas
    One Madison Avenue
    New York, NY 10010
    USA

    Phone 212.538.1143
    paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
    www.credit-suisse.com

[...]

  • Job Miller at May 9, 2007 at 1:06 am
    someone else mentioned to me that this has happened to them on repeat occasions not because the destination they were downloading to was out of space, but because their temp was out of space. (so the browser cache got it off before it copied it to the destination).

    either way, the OTN folks are going to check into it. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

    Job

    "Baumgartel, Paul" wrote:

    More than once I've found that files claimed to be gzipped are not. Try renaming the file (remove the .gz extension) and running cpio or tar (whichever created the file) on it directly.

    Paul Baumgartel
    CREDIT SUISSE

    Information Technology
    Securities Processing Databases Americas
    One Madison Avenue
    New York, NY 10010
    USA

    Phone 212.538.1143
    paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
    www.credit-suisse.com

    Is there any possibility you use FTP in ASCII mode? In reviewing your posting it seems you are getting a consitent result but you didn't mention whether you are trying different download methods.
    Can you download this using a different method or server?

    Dennis Williams

    On 5/8/07, John Dunn wrote: When I download the 10G database .gz for AIX 5L from the Oracle TEchnology network download site, and try to run gunzip on it on AIX I get an "unexpected end of file" error.

[...]

    Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic communications disclaimer: http://www.credit-suisse.com/legal/en/disclaimer_email_ib.html ==============================================================================

    Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMay 8, '07 at 11:36a