Hello.

I am on Redhat Linux. 3 Node RAC. 10.2.0.2.

I am using a service to connect to the instance thru sqlplusw. This service
is not-TAF Enabled. So no pre-connect nothing. When I make a connection to
any of the instances, I see parallel processes/slaves on the other two
nodes/instances to which I have not connected. On the other node the process
looks like "ora_pz99_* ". I have tried to research this. I have not got much
info. But I don't have a clue why this is happening. The parallel parameters
are (in case of interest):

NAME VALUE
----------------------------------- --------
parallel_adaptive_multi_user TRUE
parallel_automatic_tuning FALSE
parallel_execution_message_size 4096
parallel_instance_group
parallel_max_servers 160
parallel_min_percent 0
parallel_min_servers 12
parallel_server TRUE
parallel_server_instances 3
parallel_threads_per_cpu 2

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Shiva

Search Discussions

  • Christian Antognini at May 3, 2007 at 4:06 pm
    Shiva
    On the other node the process looks like "ora_pz99_* ".
    These processes are used for GV$ views.

    In addition notice that in general parallel slaves may be started on
    other instances as well. I mean, if a session is opened on instance 1,
    the slaves may be started on instance 2 and 3.

    Regards,
    Chris
  • Shivaswamy Raghunath at May 3, 2007 at 4:45 pm
    Thanks for your reply.

    Chris,
    Yes, of course I was referring to them on the other nodes.

    Ravi,
    I thought I tried with instance groups and did not help.

    Thanks,
    Shiva