Oracle 10.1.0.5 RAC, DataGuard, RMAN; Solaris 9; Veritas, Hitachi SAN

I recently implemented LogMiner to use as a low-impact just-in-case auditing
tool and to get exact transaction counts for month-end reporting. Every
morning at 2:00 a.m., I mine the previous day's Production logs and my
script produces an HTML report for each hour of the day showing all the
transactions for that hour. Groovy, EXCEPT, over the last 19 days that I've
been mining the logs, there have been 3 days where there was at least one
log that caused LogMiner to hang, never to be heard from again. If I don't
include SQL_REDO and SQL_UNDO in the SELECT...FROM V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS, the
log can be read. If I include either of those columns, LogMiner hangs and I
have to snipe the SQL*Minus session and its associated shadow process. At
least I can get transaction counts, but I also want the SQL. I searched the
usual haunts online and opened an SR. Oracle Support has been able to
duplicate the problem using one of the logs that I sent them. Interesting
thing is that those same logs are mined successfully by a Logical Standby
database beforehand. Just wondering if anyone out that has had a similar
experience and if there was a cause/resolution. Thx!

Regards,
Mark Strickland
Seattle, WA

grouporacle-l @