3 HP BL25 2 cpus per blade
4 GB Ram per
Oracle RAC 10.1.4

Linux OracleRac-a 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 23:24:48 EST 2005
i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

We recently decided to add an addition 4Gb ram to each blade. The blades
however have not recognized the additional ram. A ticket with redhat has
returned that we won't be able to access the extra mem. These are the
scenarios

Stay as we are now with a maximum of 4 gigs of ram
Switch to the hugemem kernel but take a 5% performance hit (fairly easy
to implement)
Switch to RedHat ES4 64bit (rebuild the box)
Switch to RedHat ES3 64bit (rebuild the box

My preferred option is to get new blades and go with 10.2 but otherwise
we're looking at option #2. Does this sound right? Would it require anything
on the oracle side.

Thanks
Mike

grouporacle-l @