Hi all,

has anyone used the AIX command 'migratepv' to move Oracle files (raw or
cooked) online outside of Oracle?

Any usage tips or risks?

Search Discussions

  • Mladen Gogala at Apr 4, 2007 at 5:49 pm

    On 04/04/2007 12:17:20 PM, fmhabash_at_gmail.com wrote:
    Hi all,

    has anyone used the AIX command 'migratepv' to move Oracle files (raw or
    cooked) online outside of Oracle?
    Where is "outside of oracle"? Is there life outside of oracle? Are we alone?
    Any usage tips or risks?
    Have you tried "rm" command? It also moves files outside of oracle and it is
    even more standard then "migratepv". Shorter, too.
  • Fmhabash_at_gmail.com at Apr 5, 2007 at 4:14 pm
    Any serious replies on this inquiry? I know this is not a daily
    operations but I can not believe no one has done it before.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedApr 4, '07 at 4:17p
activeApr 5, '07 at 4:14p