Does anyone has recommendations for good mysql training (instructor led will
be fine) for a oracle dba? No time to sit down and experiment and learn by
myself. Preferable in the NE region (or Hawaii).

TIA

RJamya

Search Discussions

  • Charles Schultz at Mar 13, 2007 at 5:58 pm
    I had to chuckle at this one. I am guessing it is not merely an issue of
    "time" per se. =)
    mySql is rather ubiquitous in Linux distributions; even Oracle's own
    (breakably unbreakable) Enterprise Linux comes shipped with mySql. And for
    those that have a little Sybase or old school MS Sql Server thrown in with
    their Oracle experience, there are some familiar commands (thinking of
    "show").

    But if you are dead-set on official training, I am afraid I have no ideas
    for you.