Larry

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
On Behalf Of Syed Jaffar Hussain
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:33 AM
To: don_at_seiler.us
Cc: Niall Litchfield; jkstill_at_gmail.com; DIANNA.GIBBS_at_childrens.com;
oracle-l_at_freelists.org; Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us
Subject: Re: RMAN recovery question...

Hi,

According to OracleR2 documentation:

6.2.1.2 Re-Creation of Temporary Tablespaces in Whole Database Restore
and Recovery

After restore and recovery of a whole database, when the database is
opened, any missing temporary tablespaces recorded in the control file
version of the RMAN repository are re-created with their previous
creation size, AUTOEXTEND and MAXSIZE attributes.

Note:

Only temporary tablespaces that are missing are re-created. If a
tempfile is still present at the location recorded in the RMAN
repository but has an invalid header, then RMAN does not re-create the
file.

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14192/recov0
02.htm#BRBSC03607

Regards,