Hi folks,

I am looking for classes on DataWarehousing. Need both some general
overview (design) as well as some hands-on ETL training. Has anyone
been to anything good recently? If so, please either post a reply and
links or send them to me off-list.

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Dennis Williams at Jan 16, 2007 at 5:40 pm
    Stephen,

    Here are my recommendations, based on the limited info you provided and my
    limited background:

    Ralph Kinball (www.ralphkimball.com) for a great overview of "why would
    anyone want to do DW".
    Tim Gorman (http://www.evdbt.com/) for great insights into DW design and
    ETL. I was fortunate enough to attend a class put on by Tim at my local User
    Group. He made a LOT more sense than any of the other "experts" I've
    encountered. Read his papers posted at his site and around the 'net.

    Dennis Williams

    --
    Stephen

  • Rjamya at Jan 18, 2007 at 11:48 am
    From a theory perspective, we have had very good experience with TDWI (
    http://www.tdwi.org).

    rjamya
    I am looking for classes on DataWarehousing. Need both some general
    overview (design) as well as some hands-on ETL training. Has anyone
    been to anything good recently? If so, please either post a reply and
    links or send them to me off-list.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJan 16, '07 at 5:26p