When running expdp if the dumpfile already exists we get the following
error:

ORA-39001: invalid argument value
ORA-39000: bad dump file specification
ORA-31641: unable to create dump file "/space/backup/hs.dmp"
ORA-27038: created file already exists

Additional information: 1

Is there any way to force overwrite the existing dump file?

Thanks
--Harvinder

Search Discussions

  • Baumgartel, Paul at Jan 10, 2007 at 3:49 pm
    No, there isn't.

    Paul Baumgartel
    CREDIT SUISSE

    Information Technology
    DBA & Admin - NY, KIGA 1
    11 Madison Avenue
    New York, NY 10010
    USA

    Phone 212.538.1143
    paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
    www.credit-suisse.com

    When running expdp if the dumpfile already exists we get the following
    error:

    ORA-39001: invalid argument value
    ORA-39000: bad dump file specification
    ORA-31641: unable to create dump file "/space/backup/hs.dmp"
    ORA-27038: created file already exists

    Additional information: 1

    Is there any way to force overwrite the existing dump file?

    Thanks
    --Harvinder

  • Oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org at Jan 10, 2007 at 3:57 pm
    �Forgot to copy the group

    Mark D Powell --
    Phone (313) 592-5148