In the past I have always done manual upgrades, now I am going to try
using the Upgrade Assistant to do a 9i to 10G upgrade. This is on
Windows. Do I have to use oradim to delete and recreate my service
prior to running the Upgrade Assistant?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

Search Discussions

  • Jason Heinrich at Nov 20, 2006 at 7:57 pm
    No, the upgrade assistant will do this for you.
    In the past I have always done manual upgrades, now I am going to try using
    the Upgrade Assistant to do a 9i to 10G upgrade. This is on Windows. Do I
    have to use oradim to delete and recreate my service prior to running the
    Upgrade Assistant?

    Jeffrey Beckstrom
    Database Administrator
    Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
    1240 W. 6th Street
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113
    Jason Heinrich
    Oracle Database Administrator
    Pensacola Christian College
    (850) 478-8496 x2509
    jheinrich_at_pcci.edu
  • Jeffrey Beckstrom at Nov 20, 2006 at 8:28 pm
    I presume that means it will stop and restart the database. If so, how
    do I tell it the location of my init.ora file?
    "Heinrich, Jason" 11/20/06 2:57:11 PM >>>
    No, the upgrade assistant will do this for you.

    In the past I have always done manual upgrades, now I am going to try
    using the Upgrade Assistant to do a 9i to 10G upgrade. This is on
    Windows. Do I have to use oradim to delete and recreate my service
    prior to running the Upgrade Assistant?

    Jeffrey Beckstrom
    Database Administrator
    Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
    1240 W. 6th Street
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113

    Jason Heinrich
    Oracle Database Administrator
    Pensacola Christian College
    (850) 478-8496 x2509
    jheinrich_at_pcci.edu
  • David Sharples at Nov 20, 2006 at 8:38 pm
    create an spfile first
    I presume that means it will stop and restart the database. If so, how do
    I tell it the location of my init.ora file?

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedNov 20, '06 at 7:00p
activeNov 20, '06 at 8:38p