Hi all

We have encountered a for me new error while trying to create an odbc
bridge to an sql server, we have followed the documentation and can't
spot any misstakes there.

The system is Linux 64bit, RHEL4, the odbc is from easysoft.

I have ran all the tests with oobping and they all give me ok, no
errors at all. But then I tries to select via the db link in oracle I
get this message:

SQL> select count(*) from tblCampaign_at_johan1;
select count(*) from tblCampaign_at_johan1

*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28545: error diagnosed by Net8 when connecting to an agent
Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from JOHAN1

Can't figure out what I am doing wrong so I need som help . What more
information do you want?

/johan

Search Discussions

  • Niall Litchfield at Sep 28, 2006 at 1:22 pm
    I can't help directly, but would suggest that you try

    select count(*) from "tblCampaign"@johan1

    note the quotes. SQL*Server identifiers are case sensitive.

    cheers
    We have encountered a for me new error while trying to create an odbc
    bridge to an sql server, we have followed the documentation and can't
    spot any misstakes there.

    The system is Linux 64bit, RHEL4, the odbc is from easysoft.

    I have ran all the tests with oobping and they all give me ok, no
    errors at all. But then I tries to select via the db link in oracle I
    get this message:

    SQL> select count(*) from tblCampaign_at_johan1;
    select count(*) from tblCampaign_at_johan1
    *
    ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-28545: error diagnosed by Net8 when connecting to an agent
    Unable to retrieve text of NETWORK/NCR message 65535
    ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from JOHAN1

    Can't figure out what I am doing wrong so I need som help . What more
    information do you want?

    /johan

    Niall Litchfield
    Oracle DBA
    http://www.orawin.info

  • Johan Eriksson at Sep 28, 2006 at 1:41 pm
    Hi

    thanks, but that gave the same error...

    /johan
    I can't help directly, but would suggest that you try

    select count(*) from "tblCampaign"@johan1

    note the quotes. SQL*Server identifiers are case sensitive.

    Niall Litchfield
    Oracle DBA
    http://www.orawin.info

grouporacle-l @