Hi

Can we use ldapadd and other ldap command to add entries to OpenLDAP or it is only meant for OID

Thanks
Sanjay

  • Charles Schultz at Sep 18, 2006 at 8:23 pm
    When we played with it a while ago (under 9.2, I believe), our research
    showed that this was not supported, nor could we get the Oracle ldap
    commands to work against a 3rd party directory service. Granted, we did not
    try very hard, either. =) However, since the Oracle ldap commands are built
    around the LDAP standard (P does stand for Protocol), the architecture of
    the beast is compliant with OpenLDAP (or any other flavor you might like).
    That LDAP stuff is an entirely different language for us.