Folks

As part of Long Term planning one of our customers is planning to move
to RAC from currently a Single DB Server (NON-RAC) setup.

Existing Production Setup is using VXFS with Solaris 9/Oracle 9.2.

We need to do a Benchmark on RAC/Oracle 10g/Solaris 10 & show-case
results for the same.

Qs 1 Does VXFS Support RAC or NOT?

Qs 2 What are the possible approaches, Other Filesystems advisable
(Other than RAW) for a very High Hybrid Transaction Load Setup with
Solaris 10/Oracle 10g.

Qs 3 Is QFS advisable?

Production Server Configuration:-

Respective DB Server is SF25000

Num of Concurrent Users = 15,000

AVG Number of OLTP Transactions per Day = 10-15 Million

Thanks indeed

CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************

  • VIVEK_SHARMA at Aug 18, 2006 at 6:13 am
    Thanks Giri for the info.

    Qs 1 Has Veritas CFS been tried & tested on very High Hybrid Transaction
    Loads with Solaris 10/Oracle10g on RAC at production sites?

    Qs 2 What Other Filesystems are advisable for a very High Hybrid
    Transaction Load Setup with Solaris 10/Oracle 10g with RAC?

    Qs 3 Is QFS advisable?

    Qs 4 Is RAW instead of Cluster FS the last resort?

    ASM is still seemingly NEW & probably NOT so much tried & tested as yet
    with High Load Production sites.

    Thanks indeed