I need to encrypt data communication between the client and server.
From the book "Oracle Advanced Security 9i Rel 2" it is a separate install.
Has anybody ever configured this? How would I go about this task? Is
this all done thru the sqlnet.ora parameters?

thanks.

  • Smith, Steven K - MSHA at Jul 20, 2006 at 7:11 pm
    Check metalink document id 76629.1.

    Gives example parameters.

    I'm looking at this right now also.

    Steve Smith
    Envision Technology Partners / MSHA MSIS Team
    Desk: 303-231-5499

    -----Original Message-----
    From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
    On Behalf Of Joe Smith
    Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:05 PM
    To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
    Subject: oracle network admin encryption

    I need to encrypt data communication between the client and server. From
    the book "Oracle Advanced Security 9i Rel 2" it is a separate install.
    Has anybody ever configured this? How would I go about this task? Is

    this all done thru the sqlnet.ora parameters?

    thanks.

    FREE!

  • Joe Smith at Jul 20, 2006 at 8:55 pm
    This crypto seed value ( the literal 40-char string ) do you make that up?
    Or is it supplied?

    thanks.

    #SQLNET.ORA - SERVER

    sqlnet.crypto_seed="fewkpfrepgomrepogmropegjerpogjpejvvmmrpm"
    sqlnet.encryption_server = required
    sqlnet.encryption_types_server = (RC4_40)
    Check metalink document id 76629.1.

    Gives example parameters.

    I'm looking at this right now also.

    Steve Smith
    Envision Technology Partners / MSHA MSIS Team
    Desk: 303-231-5499

    I need to encrypt data communication between the client and server. From
    the book "Oracle Advanced Security 9i Rel 2" it is a separate install.
    Has anybody ever configured this? How would I go about this task? Is

    this all done thru the sqlnet.ora parameters?

    thanks.

    FREE!

  • Christian Antognini at Jul 20, 2006 at 9:09 pm
    Joe
    This crypto seed value ( the literal 40-char string ) do you make that up?
    Or is it supplied?
    As seed you can use whatever you want. Basically it should be randomly generated.

    HTH

    Chris

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle