I have been in contact with Oracle Support about an ORA-00600: internal
error code, arguments: [12263], and they have declared it a bug in
Oracle 10g and passed it over to Development, so I expect this post is a
long shot.

Even so, has anybody else seen this error before, and if so, did you
determine what caused it?

The environment where this error occurs includes Oracle 10g R1 and a
WebSphere Application Server 6.0.1, both running on RedHat platforms.
Once the error occurs, Oracle writes out .trc files in udump until the
application on the application server is restarted. All is then quiet
until a few hours later when the error recurs. I've had to reduce
MAX_DUMP_FILE_SIZE as a temporary measure so disk space is not consumed
too quickly when the error recurs.

Many thanks!
Renee Dekenah

grouporacle-l @