iAS 9i r1 (1.0.2.2.) + Oracle Portal 3.0.9.8.0
Solaris 8
Oracle Database Server 8.1.7.4

Custom JSP suddenly stops working and in the custom application log we see some "strange" characters.

Before the problem occurred:

QuerySubmissionEngine.doQuery(): results = UPPER(USER_NAME) CUSTOMER_ID

2. After:

QuerySubmissionEngine.doQuery(): results = ÿþUPPER(PARTY_NAME) PARTY_ID

Output from cat -vt:

Before the problem occurred:

COADM1921^I22656^I

COADM1922^I22657^I

2. After:

^@C^@O^@A^@D^@M^@8^@2^@0^@8^@^I^@2^@7^@3^@1^@2^@8^@^I^@
^@C^@O^@A^@D^@M^@8^@2^@0^@9^@^I^@2^@7^@3^@1^@3^@1^@^I^@

The same JSP still works in developement.

I've already checked iAS components environment (Apache, JVM), unix shell accounts. DB and listener - the listener on the production server is started with NLS_LANG set (in development without).
I've tried to start the listener on the dev machine with NLS_LANG set and the JSP works anyway.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks
Dimitre

grouporacle-l @