Hello folks,

I'm trying to figure out exactly how useful the 10gR2 Grid Control
provisioning capabilities are. From poking around in the software, it
seems pretty crude and non-intuitive, but I figured I'd poll the crowd.
If anyone has used or tried to use Grid Control to provision RAC
clusters, RAC databases, single-instance databases, ASM, add a
node/remove a node, could you possibly ping me off-list (or on-list, if
you'd rather)? I'd like to get your impressions about your experiences.
If there's interest from the group, I'd be happy to summarize responses.

As always, much obliged,
Matt

Search Discussions

  • Ranko Mosic at Jun 18, 2006 at 1:42 pm
    Hi,
    10gR1 Grid Control is as bad as it can get( haven't tried 10gR2). Brings
    back memories of 1997 and first release of OEM agent which didn't work. Then
    they fixed it. Now it is garbage again.
    Proving old saying that Oracle is database, not tools company.

    Regards, Ranko.
    I'm trying to figure out exactly how useful the 10gR2 Grid Control
    provisioning capabilities are. From poking around in the software, it
    seems pretty crude and non-intuitive, but I figured I'd poll the crowd.
    If anyone has used or tried to use Grid Control to provision RAC
    clusters, RAC databases, single-instance databases, ASM, add a
    node/remove a node, could you possibly ping me off-list (or on-list, if
    you'd rather)? I'd like to get your impressions about your experiences.
    If there's interest from the group, I'd be happy to summarize responses.

    As always, much obliged,
    Matt

    Ranko Mosic
    Contract Senior Oracle DBA
    B. Eng, Oracle 10g, 9i Certified Database Professional
    Phone: 416-450-2785
    email: mosicr_at_rogers.com
    http://ca.geocities.com/mosicr@rogers.com/ContractSeniorOracleDBARankoMosicMain.html

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJun 16, '06 at 2:40p
activeJun 18, '06 at 1:42p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Matthew Zito: 1 post Ranko Mosic: 1 post