Hi

I am handling a 700GB Apps 11.5.10 database running on HP-UX PARi(went live
last week). The performance is quite poor, I noticed that
filesystemio_options by default is asynch. AFAIK there are three options,
asynch, direct and setall, should this set to none if AIO and directio arent
used?

I guess it has to use asynch (even though AIO is not supported in HPUX if
raw device is not used) since direct i/o is not enabled. I deduced this
because in fstab thse options are not used

nodatainlog,mincache=direct,convosync=direct

My experience in hpux is limited, worked with Solaris most of times. Does
anyone know if enabling these options in Veritas JFS will make lot of
difference? After enabling that do I have to set filesystemio_options to
directio?

Thanks

Alex

Search Discussions

  • John Kanagaraj at May 23, 2006 at 5:20 pm
    Alex,

    Unless you determine what is the cause of your performance issue,
    setting different options for filesystems would probably not get you
    much. (Classic example: Souping up your engine won't help you go faster
    if you have to encounter 20 stoplights on your way to work). Is this a
    new installation or an upgrade? 9i or 10g? Are forms slow? or are
    reports and concurrent jobs slow? Slow compared to what? You will first
    have to set baselines and expectations before you change options...

    Just my $0.02!
    John Kanagaraj <><
    DB Soft Inc
    Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

    Fear connects you to the Negative, but Faith connects you to the
    Positive! I Jn 4:18

    The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine

    I am handling a 700GB Apps 11.5.10 database running on HP-UX PARi(went
    live last week). The performance is quite poor, I noticed that
    filesystemio_options by default is asynch. AFAIK there are three
    options, asynch, direct and setall, should this set to none if AIO and
    directio arent used?

    I guess it has to use asynch (even though AIO is not supported in HPUX
    if raw device is not used) since direct i/o is not enabled. I deduced
    this because in fstab thse options are not used

    nodatainlog,mincache=direct,convosync=direct

    My experience in hpux is limited, worked with Solaris most of times.
    Does anyone know if enabling these options in Veritas JFS will make lot
    of difference? After enabling that do I have to set filesystemio_options
    to directio?

    Thanks

    Alex

grouporacle-l @