Dear Oracle Experts,

I'm running into issues copying my ASM RAC database from a 2 node 10G RAC
(ASM/OMF) Rel. 2 on RHEL4 U2 EM64T to a single node standby 10G ASM DB
(ASM/OMF). I've all the identical ASMDISKGROUPS setup at the target and
remote site. My main question is how do I copy the RAC database in ASM to
the non-RAC database. I know RMAN is probably the best option but wnated to
know if someone has done this step by step. I searched in Metalink as well
but nothing specific to this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Raj

Search Discussions

  • Kevin Closson at May 17, 2006 at 12:04 am
    question is how do I copy the RAC database in ASM to the non-RAC
    database. I know RMAN is probably the best option but wnated to know if
    someone has done this step by step. I searched in Metalink as well but
    nothing specific to this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

    ...ah yes, the fledgling cottage industry for tips and techniques
    on how to get to your own data once it is put out into ASM raw disk
    groups.
  • Raj S at May 17, 2006 at 1:21 am
    Here is the specific error I'm getting when I try to do a the following RMAN
    command. I'm looking for answers and not your stupid comments. I tried the
    standby db in both nomount and shutdown state and still get the same error.

    RMAN> duplicate target database for standby;

    Starting Duplicate Db at 16-MAY-06
    using target database control file instead of recovery catalog
    allocated channel: ORA_AUX_DISK_1
    channel ORA_AUX_DISK_1: sid=131 instance=han1 devtype=DISK

    RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
    RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

    RMAN-03002: failure of Duplicate Db command at 05/16/2006 20:12:19
    RMAN-05500: the auxiliary database must be not mounted when issuing a
    DUPLICATE command
    question is how do I copy the RAC database in ASM to the non-RAC
    database. I know RMAN is probably the best option but wnated to know if
    someone has done this step by step. I searched in Metalink as well but
    nothing specific to this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

    ...ah yes, the fledgling cottage industry for tips and techniques
    on how to get to your own data once it is put out into ASM raw disk
    groups.

  • Wolfgang Breitling at May 17, 2006 at 1:47 am
    The error message appears to be pretty self explanatory to me. What
    happens when you try to follow the advise and not mount the auxiliary database.
    RMAN-05500: the auxiliary database must be not mounted when issuing
    a DUPLICATE command
    Regards

    Wolfgang Breitling
    Centrex Consulting Corporation
    www.centrexcc.com
  • David Barbour at May 18, 2006 at 11:29 pm
    What is RMAN's response when you issue the

    'connect auxiliary user/password_at_auxdb' command?
    The error message appears to be pretty self explanatory to me. What
    happens when you try to follow the advise and not mount the auxiliary database.
    RMAN-05500: the auxiliary database must be not mounted when issuing
    a DUPLICATE command
    Regards

    Wolfgang Breitling
    Centrex Consulting Corporation