2095.

Shalom

Search Discussions

  • Baumgartel, Paul at Apr 5, 2006 at 8:45 pm
    What's your database platform, and what editor are you using? I never had a problem editing pfiles produced on Windows.

    Paul Baumgartel
    paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
    212.538.1143

    -----Original Message-----
    From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
    On Behalf Of Michael Ray
    Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 4:42 PM
    To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
    Subject: Editing pfile created from spfile

    Oracle claims the create pfile from spfile command results in an ascii
    file, which technically is correct, but it's got special ascii
    characters so notepad or the like isn't suitable to edit it. I'll
    probably use a hex editor, but I wondered how exact I have to be on
    using these special characters around the static parameter I need to
    add. Has anybody had to edit one of these?

    I was also annoyed that metalink said you could add a static parameter
    to the spfile if you limited the scope to spfile. I still got the
    2095.

    Shalom

  • Kevin Closson at Apr 5, 2006 at 8:47 pm
    Oracle claims the create pfile from spfile command results
    in an ascii file, which technically is correct, but it's got
    special ascii characters so notepad or the like isn't
    suitable to edit it. I'll probably use a hex editor, but I
    wondered how exact I have to be on using these special
    characters around the static parameter I need to add. Has
    anybody had to edit one of these?
    try this (works like a charm):

    $ strings - spfile.ora > pfile.ora

    Notepad? Ahhh, windows...use cygwin or mks strings command
  • Joseph Amalraj at Apr 6, 2006 at 4:33 pm
    Hi All,

    Is it possible to run RAC on nfs, similar to the configuration used in the article "Learning Oracle RAC with the NetApp Simulator" on OTN but without using NetApp.

    Thanks.

    Joseph Amalraj
  • Carel-Jan Engel at Apr 6, 2006 at 7:56 pm
    Check the archives, it's not difficult at all
    (www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l)
    E.g. yesterdays Kevin Closson posted about this:
    http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/04-2006/msg00168.html

    Best regards,

    Carel-Jan Engel

    ===