All,

We are planning to setup Oracle 10g RAC as a proof of concept. we would
like to start with two node configuration first. Right now we are
debating, should we go with Windows 2003 or UNIX environment.

If we decided to go for Windows 2003 environment, is there any
recomended hardware? I found one useful information from DELL website.

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps1q06-20050300-Quest.pdf

I need your feedback if you already setup in this environment reagrding
any issues.

Thanks,
Bob

Do You Yahoo!?
http://mail.yahoo.com

  • Baumgartel, Paul at Mar 8, 2006 at 6:54 pm
    My advice would be to use Linux--better-supported and more widely used than Windows for RAC.

    Paul Baumgartel
    paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
    212.538.1143

    We are planning to setup Oracle 10g RAC as a proof of concept. we would
    like to start with two node configuration first. Right now we are
    debating, should we go with Windows 2003 or UNIX environment.

    If we decided to go for Windows 2003 environment, is there any
    recomended hardware? I found one useful information from DELL website.

    http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps1q06-20050300-Quest.pdf

    I need your feedback if you already setup in this environment reagrding
    any issues.

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Do You Yahoo!?
    http://mail.yahoo.com

  • johan Eriksson at Mar 9, 2006 at 7:49 am
    Hi
    We are planning to setup Oracle 10g RAC as a proof of concept. we would
    like to start with two node configuration first. Right now we are
    debating, should we go with Windows 2003 or UNIX environment.
    We use only Linux here for RAC, but that is because Linux is what we
    know best, choose the platform you feel most comfortable with.

    //johan

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMar 8, '06 at 6:51p