Has anyone installed OEM 10.1.0.2 on AIX 5.2 We don't have GUI terminal
on the AIX server and having a problem with the installation using
x-server. We have x-server running on the aix sever and run the viewer
on the desktop. First we tried x-windows and Oracle said we needed to
use VNC or eXceed for the x-server. I used VNC and having no luck. The
install gets so far and fails in the OC4J configuration (after running
for 90 minutes). I've open a case with Oracle and they wanted me to run
the x-server and viewer on the desktop. Doesn't work. Oracle did state
that there are problem running OEM10g grid contol on AIX. Just
wondering if anyone got it installed and running on AIX. I don't want
to keep kicking a dead horse. You can email directly,
rcetnar_at_uamail.albany.edu.

Thanks

Ron

Ron Cetnar
Supervising Programmer/Analyst/Oracle DBA
ITS - University Applications Development

State University of New York at Albany
MSC 100

1400 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12222

Email: rcetnar_at_uamail.albany.edu
Work: (518) 437-4535
Fax: (518) 437-4540

Search Discussions

  • BP at Oct 19, 2005 at 2:04 pm
    Hi Ron,

    There's a thread I bookmarked a while back as we also have problems
    running Enterprise Manager 10.1.0.2 on AIX 5L. Metalink forums are
    also littered with various quick fixes but none worked for me. It will
    most likely be my very first TAR that I'll submitting in the next week
    or so when I get time.

    Here's the bookmark:
    http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_frm/thread/7bd5576e0621e195/cee85122719f3f9b?hl=en#cee85122719f3f9b

    My co-worker said he got it running but I never did followup with him
    to find out what he did, but he should have documented it. I will talk
    with him tomorrow (he's getting drilled at the dentist right now) and
    get back to you.

    HTH,

    Brian Peasey
  • Birkir Björnsson at Oct 25, 2005 at 6:12 am
    Hi

    I´ve set up the grid control for one of my customers on AIX 5.3. I installed version 10.1.0.2 and it ran smoothly. I was using x-win32 on the client machine as x-server. It is now running in version 10.1.0.3 and has a 10.0.1.3 repository database. Don't know if this helps you, but might just give you hope at least :D

    There's a thread I bookmarked a while back as we also have problems
    running Enterprise Manager 10.1.0.2 on AIX 5L. Metalink forums are
    also littered with various quick fixes but none worked for me. It will
    most likely be my very first TAR that I'll submitting in the next week
    or so when I get time.

    Here's the bookmark:
    http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_frm/thread/7bd5576e0621e195/cee85122719f3f9b?hl=en#cee85122719f3f9b

    My co-worker said he got it running but I never did followup with him
    to find out what he did, but he should have documented it. I will talk
    with him tomorrow (he's getting drilled at the dentist right now) and
    get back to you.

    HTH,

    Brian Peasey

grouporacle-l @