Hi All,

A datafile (temp file of precise tool) has been deleted from os lelel without dropping from database.

When I query the dba_temp_files it is showing:
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 607 - see DBWR trace file
ORA-01110: data file 607: '/bio/u01/precise_i3_orcl_or_tmp_01.dbf'

where as when I query v$tempfile, it is showing the file names properly without any error.
Can someone explain me what is this strage behaviour.

Thanks,
Raj

  • Amit.sharma_at_uk.nomura.com at Oct 13, 2005 at 3:31 am
    Whats status does it shows you for it?

    Regards

    Amit

    A datafile (temp file of precise tool) has been deleted from os lelel without dropping from database.

    When I query the dba_temp_files it is showing:
    ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 607 - see DBWR trace file
    ORA-01110: data file 607: '/bio/u01/precise_i3_orcl_or_tmp_01.dbf'

    where as when I query v$tempfile, it is showing the file names properly without any error.
    Can someone explain me what is this strage behaviour.

    Thanks,
    Raj

    Yahoo! <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/> Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

    PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential and
    intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
    recipient of this email please notify the sender immediately and delete your
    copy from your system. You must not copy, distribute or take any further
    action in reliance on it. Email is not a secure method of communication and
    Nomura International plc ('NIplc') will not, to the extent permitted by law,
    accept responsibility or liability for (a) the accuracy or completeness of,
    or (b) the presence of any virus, worm or similar malicious or disabling
    code in, this message or any attachment(s) to it. If verification of this
    email is sought then please request a hard copy. Unless otherwise stated
    this email: (1) is not, and should not be treated or relied upon as,
    investment research; (2) contains views or opinions that are solely those of
    the author and do not necessarily represent those of NIplc; (3) is intended
    for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation, solicitation or
    offer to buy or sell securities or related financial instruments. NIplc
    does not provide investment services to private customers. Authorised and
    regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered in England
    no. 1550505 VAT No. 447 2492 35. Registered Office: 1 St Martin's-le-Grand,
    London, EC1A 4NP. A member of the Nomura group of companies.

  • Zhu chao at Oct 13, 2005 at 4:53 am
    V$tempfile just read from controlfile.
    While DBA_TEMP_FILES will need to access file header, and it can't lock the
    temp file, so it report error.

    Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>
    --
    Regards